In the mid 1980s, a group of community corrections practitioners and interested parties came together with state agencies to address the rising prison population. This group of dedicated professionals saw real value in bringing together all aspects of community corrections to work toward common goals and formed The Ohio Community Corrections Organization (OCCO) in 1986. In 2005, the not for profit organization changed its name to The Ohio Justice Alliance for Community Corrections (OJACC).
OJACC has grown significantly over the years and continues to attract dedicated professionals. OJACC focuses on collaboration across different aspects of community corrections to educate policy makers and legislators on issues affecting community corrections. OJACC also provides education to community corrections practitioners to enhance services throughout the state.
Much work has been done over the years in the field of community corrections and Ohio is viewed as a national leader in this field. However, there is still much work to be done. If you are interested in joining us to promote community corrections in Ohio, please contact Gayle Dittmer at (740) 420-6644 for more information.
To bring together stakeholders to promote and support effective community corrections that enhance public safety.
Shape public policy to promote best practices and funding to support it.
Educate judges, prosecutors, criminal defense attorneys, other community practitioners, the media, and the general public about the availability, benefits, best practices, and role of community corrections in the criminal justice continuum.
• U.S. Pretrial Services & Probation
• The Supreme Court of Ohio
• Specialty Dockets
• Ohio Victim Witness Association
• Ohio TASC Associations
• Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association
• Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association
• Ohio Community Corrections Association
• Ohio Common Pleas Judges Association
• Ohio Chief Probation Officers Association
• Ohio Association of Juvenile Court Judges
• Ohio Association for Court Administration
• Ohio Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• National Youth Advocate Programs
• Juvenile Justice Coalition
• County Commissioners’ Association of Ohio
• Corporation for Supportive Housing
• CorJus, Inc.
• Buckeye State Sheriff’s Association
• Assoc. of Municipal/County Judges of Ohio
• Assoc. of Local Reentry Coalition