For over 35 years, OJACC has brought together Ohio’s criminal justice stakeholders to include judges, defense attorneys, prosecutors, pre-trial and probation officers, law enforcement officials, corrections officials from adult and juvenile systems, treatment providers, reentry practitioners, and victims’ representatives to promote and support effective community corrections that enhance public safety. Few other states have achieved this type of umbrella organization which represents Ohio’s collaborative efforts that have led to Ohio’s place as a leader in Community Corrections.
- Work with state agencies, legislators and other stakeholders on policy/issues affecting community corrections.
- Hold a biennial board retreat to focus efforts of the organization and guide our mission.
- Host a biennial legislative reception with OJACC member organizations to educate legislators on issues vital to the improvement of community corrections. OJACC also takes positions throughout the year on pending legislation effecting community corrections and provides input on the development of legislation.
- OJACC’s Adult Community Corrections Collaborative, comprised of associations providing state-funded community corrections services, work with the ODRC for the overall improvement of these services and highlighting benefits and cost savings of community corrections.
- Hold an annual conference and/or virtual learning opportunities, for personal development/networking, to educate and inform service providers and stakeholders on issues of importance to community corrections and provide tools to enhance services. Individuals and agencies are also recognized through achievement awards.
- Provide newsletters throughout the year highlighting evidence-based-practices, promising practices and issues important to the field of community corrections.
Please consider applying for membership in OJACC to help support these efforts.
Government or Private Agency – Allows governmental or private, not-for-profit agencies to join. Examples of private agency members are halfway houses, private correctional agencies and child caring agencies. Examples of Governmental Agencies include state agencies, courts, CBCFs, probation departments. Includes discounted conference registrations for up to 5 staff from agency. Five members from the agency receive a $25 discount for annual conference fees.
Agency Level 1 is for agencies with a budget of less than $500,000 and membership is $165.
Agency Level 2 is for agencies with a budget of $500,000 or greater and membership is $275.
If paying by check please fill out the application form linked below and mail your check using the directions in the form. You will receive additional info to login after we receive your mailed check and form.